Sunday 19 January 2014

The return of The Polariod

In our high-tech society,  times are tough for the traditional gadget. Polaroid -- best known as the maker of iconic instamatic cameras -- has felt the sting of this. In December 2008, the world famous brand was forced to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US, driven out of the market by new digital photography products. However , since this the company has been bought and revived .  Their translucent pictures and retro look have formed a growing trend .
 I love taking pictures and by the time I am 18 I would love to line a massive room in a timeline of pictures of friends , family , flowers and many other things I have taken pictures of . Why do we take pictures ? To remind ourselves of fun , laughter , sadness , hope , beauty etc . I am genuinely happy that the polaroid has made a revival and I can't wait to buy one and start creating that wall .

No comments:

Post a Comment